MS Optical Perar 35/3.5

[複製鏈接]

主題

帖子

積分

資深會員

積分
發表於 2012-4-5 15:19:58 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
It's always nice to know small independent manufacturers are designing and making new lenses, it really is a nice fresh of air especially when the photographic community is dominated by the major camera makers. Recently I came across a super heavy duty lens with a humongous large aperture of f 0.95 named HyperPrime Lens made by SLR Magic, the lens is in M mount. I can't wait to toy around with it in the future.

At the mean time, this review is about MS Optical Perar designed and made by Mr. Sadoyasu Miyazaki of Japan, a reputable gentleman well known for his cinema lens modification.

I bought this lens about half year ago, but I'd never bothered to really play around with it for a lot of reasons, one of the reason was the fact that it has an overly simplified packaging. Oh boy, I admit I was being extremely shallow !!! After looking at it carefully, you will find inside the box a matching certification of the lens' serial number, which also includes the performance chart and quality check by Mr. Miyazaki. The Certificate is in Japanese, so frankly I have no idea other than second guessing what it's all about !!

The Perar is a small, extremely compact with a 35mm f3.5. It is so light and small you can simply attach it onto the camera and use it like a cap. It is a Triplet design which means it's not a highly exotic design but extremely effective nonetheless. According to Japanexposures, the glass is made of Tantalum; a material more superior to the Lanthanum glass. Did I mention the Perar is in M mount?

MS+M8.jpg

I am not too much of a Leica user, so what I did was adding an adaptor to the Perar and mounted it onto my Nex 7. Either way, your personal preference matters the most.

MS+Nex.jpg

Pet Peeves of the MS Optical Perar 35/3.5

1. the lens collapses all the way in like a Collapsible Heliar. I am always ended up touching the surface of the glass whenever I try to pick it.
2. I am worried about losing the lens cap. The cap screws onto the hood nicely when you're done taking pictures. This is a small cap, so I don't know if there is an after market cap available.
3. The lens is solidly build, it rotates very smoothly during focusing.
4. Image quality and bokeh. Whatever my opinion is, is very personal. It's either you like it or don't. Personally I like it very much.
5. I'm a big fan of large aperture, and this Perar f3.5 is somewhat on the slow side.

I took the lens out for a spin using the Nex 7. It's a great combination considering the weight and size. So yes, this is a good lens !!
At Your Service !!

主題

帖子

積分

資深會員

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2012-4-5 15:20:07 | 顯示全部樓層
This is taken by the Nex 7 with MS Optical Perar at f3.5 wide open

MS-full.jpg

Cropped around the corner to see what's what

MS-corner.jpg

[ 本帖最後由 VictorChen 於 2012-4-5 03:23 PM 編輯 ]
At Your Service !!
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

資深會員

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2012-4-5 15:20:12 | 顯示全部樓層
another with the Nex 7, wide open at f3.5

MS-optical2.jpg

cropped around the corner

MS-optical-Corner.jpg

[ 本帖最後由 VictorChen 於 2012-4-5 03:28 PM 編輯 ]
At Your Service !!
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

資深會員

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2012-4-5 15:34:58 | 顯示全部樓層
The color reproduction is very pleasing, nicely saturated

MS-optic-1.jpg

MS-optic2.jpg

MS-optics3.jpg

MS-optics4.jpg

MS-optics5.jpg

MS-optics6.jpg

Lastly, the bokeh, it's not bad for a f3.5

MS-optics.jpg

[ 本帖最後由 VictorChen 於 2012-4-5 03:38 PM 編輯 ]
At Your Service !!
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

手機版|Archiver|DCHome

GMT+8, 2020-7-11 10:34 PM , Processed in 0.144513 second(s), 13 queries , Gzip On, MemCache On.